Saturday, December 12, 2009

Adjusting Fuel Air Mixture


Mega Squirt system that can be used to adjust the Fuel Air Mixture. This display runs on any lap top as the interface to the Megasquirt ECU, where you can see your fuel air mixture. I am very excited about this, I already have TBI on my 91 truck, but I intent to parallel the ECU and set up some different maps for efficiency and towing. Full details are at http://www.megamanual.com/index.html

It looks to me like typical cold weather starting puts 500% more fuel into the Chevy TBI I looked at on DIYautotune.com. The video, that I failed to successfully embed, also taught me 2 disadvantages of TBI over Direct injection. One being cold starting where fuel is essentially lost sticking to the cold manifold on its way to the cylinders. The other I was somewhat aware of, and it is the obvious, as each cylinder is separately controllable, the temperature of each cylinder can be equalized.

I will be getting one of these kits, and taking it with me on my next car too. The Megasquirt is about the same price as a Fuel Air Mixture gauge, but you can actually adjust fuel air mixture at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment